Welcome Samantha. I would like to do something a little different from our norm around here and do a quick 20 questions if that is alright with you. But, before begin let’s talk about your new release.
Ooh! That sounds fun!
Tell us a little about Lady Vivian Defies a Duke.
THE NAKED TRUTH
Lady Vivian Worth knows perfectly well how to behave like a lady. But observing proper manners when no one is around to impress is just silly. Why shouldn’t she strip down to her chemise for a swim? When her betrothed arrives to finally meet her, Vivi will act every inch the lady—demure, polite, compliant. Everything her brother has promised the man. But until then, she’s going to enjoy her freedom…
A REVEALING DISCOVERY
Luke Forest, the newly named Duke of Foxhaven, wants nothing to do with his inheritance—or the bride who comes with it. He wants adventure and excitement, like the enchanting water nymph he’s just stumbled across. When he discovers the skinny-dipping minx is his intended, he reconsiders his plan to find Lady Vivian another husband. Because the idea of this vivacious woman in the arms of another man might be enough to drive him insane—or to the altar.
What can we see coming from you in the future?
I’m working on a new series called Rival Rogues, and I’m having a blast writing it. It’s about a friendly rivalry between two gentlemen who’ve known each other since they were boys at boarding school. When their attentions turn toward courting the same young woman, their rivalry ceases to be a game, however. One gentleman will take desperate measures to win her heart, and the other will have to face the aftermath of losing the lady and learn the true meaning of love.
How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?
I finished my first book in 2008 and it was bad. Not is a good way, but in a ‘this stinks’ kind of way. But it was a great learning experience. I’d never written anything that long in my life. I finished my second book (Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel) in 2009 and I received an offer from Sourcebooks in 2010. Even though my first book wasn’t fit for publication, I still loved some of the characters and ideas so I rewrote it from scratch. Now it’s called Lady Vivian Defies a Duke. J
Okay, now here are the quick 20 questions for you:
1. Coffee or Tea? Coffee
2. Coke or Pepsi? I don’t drink soda anymore, but before I gave it up, I would have picked Pepsi.
3. An English gentleman or a Scoundrel? I love a good scoundrel.
4. Beer or wine? Wine
5. Muffins or Cupcakes? Muffins
6. Computer or Television? Computer
7. Would you travel the world or travel space? The world
8. My favorite pizza is… Mushroom and black olive
9. My favorite book genre is… romance, for sure. Any subgenre works if the story grabs me.
10. My superpower of choice would be… the ability to teleport anyplace. My parents live in another state and I’d love to pop in for a Sunday afternoon movie with my mom or fishing with my dad.
11. On a rainy day, you’ll find me… most likely braving the elements. My day job requires me to drive from house to house, so if it’s raining, I’m dashing in and out of places.
12. When I get free time, I’ll... get a massage. I have a gift certificate from October I haven’t used.
13. If you had a million dollars… I would pay off our house, set enough aside for my kids to go through college without having to take out loans and to have a significant down payment for houses of their own, and we’d take a big vacation. Then I would probably checkout Kickstarter and find a few projects I could get behind to help other people fulfill their dreams.
14. My dream vacation would be… a trip to China. I don’t know why I feel drawn there, but I’ve always wanted to visit China.
15. If you could be a character in any novel you’ve ever read, who would you be and why? Novalee Nation from “Where the Heart Is”. She had a tough life, but I love how she found a family among a group of misfits.
16. How many books do you read each year? Not as many as I would like. Maybe 10-15 if I’m lucky.
17. If you could pick a book to turn into a movie, which one would it be? I really loved “Twenties Girl” by Sophie Kinsella. I’m not sure how well it would be translated into a movie, but it’s so funny and heartwarming.
18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I’m content with where I live now. We have family and friends close by, and I love seeing my nieces and nephew whenever I want. I think it’s important to have those connections, especially when you’re growing up. I’m so happy my kids have regular contact with their extended family. Plus, we live in a beautiful area and have a nice community. I would love to travel for months at a time, though.
19. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I would be sick if I maxed out my credit card! LOL. I know, I’m so boring. But I love Donna Karan, so I would definitely be up for a shopping spree at DKNY.
20. What are you reading right now? I’m listening to “Dragonfly in Amber” by Diana Gabaldon. I have a HUGE crush on Jamie Fraser.
Thank you so much Samantha for joining us today. Where can readers learn more about you and your books?
It’s great being here today. Thank you so much for having me. Readers can visit my website at www.samanthagraceauthor.com to learn more about my books. If they sign up for my newsletter group, they will periodically receive free reads and opportunities to win advance reader copies of my latest releases.
May I ask readers a question today? I’d love to know what superpower you would like to have and why.
Author Bio: Samantha Grace is the author of several Regency romance novels. Lady Vivian Defies a Duke is the final installment of her Beau Monde Bachelor series. Publisher’s Weekly describes her stories as “fresh and romantic” with subtle humor and charm. She writes what she enjoys reading: romantic comedies about family, friendship, and flawed characters who learn how to love deeply.
Samantha is a part-time hospice social worker, moonlighting author, and full time wife and mom. She enjoys life in the Midwest with her husband, two witty kids, and a multitude of characters that spring from her imagination.
To Connect with Samantha, you can find her at:
One copy of Lady Vivian Defies a Duke will be given away, leave a comment with your email address to be entered. Contest open to US and Canada residents only. Winner will be drawn on June 5th.